We are thrilled to have over 20 high school students from across the Triangle convening to build community and gain the tools to be organizers and advocates on their own behalf. In this exciting and critical time in North Carolina we recognize that building youth leadership in the movement is more important than ever! We need your support to help build the skills and leadership of young people. Help us by donating today!
For the forth year, the Youth Organizing Institute is putting together an exciting program for young people who want to learn about social justice history and organizing. Due to overwhelming interest, this year we have DOUBLE the usual number of participants!
This summer we are hosting a special Grassroots People’s History Field Trip to Greensboro on July 11. The field trip includes:
- Admission to the International Civil Rights Museum, the site of former Woolworths and the place the Greensboro 4 kicked off the Sit-In Movement,
- A locally-made southern lunch served at the historic Beloved Community Center as we break bread with movement elders and share and listen to stories,
- A customized grassroots people’s field trip of Greensboro created by the organizers at the Beloved Community Center,
- Travel to and from Greensboro in a bio-diesel fueled bus,
- Participation on the bus by Moral Mondays organizers who will share stories and teach us Movement Songs.
The cost per person is approximately $30.